Monday, April 4, 2011

MUST READ FOR CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMS PAPER I

As requested by fellow students of HIMALAI Bangalore ,
These are the must read books for a civil service candidate who is appearing for Preliminary Test - CSAT 1 .

1) History - NCERT History XII class (if time permits spectrum publication's Modern History)

2) Geography - NCERT Geography class XI ,XII (4 books)

3) Economics - NCERT XI ,XII (Macroeconomics book), Budget's speech of that year (If time permits Important chapters of Economic survey)

4) Polity - NCERT XI Indian Constitution and Indian Polity by Laxmikanth

5) Current Affairs - Oct  to May  201X HINDU newspaper , supplemented by magazines(chronicle, wizard) of these months. Reading newspaper is like reading a book. You shouldn't forget a minute detail also.

6) India Year Book 2012 (chapters which coincide with syllabus of Paper I) Indian Year book hardly changes in content, so u can refer 2012 book for 2013 also.

7) Social sector initiatives from govt of india websites.

Item (6) and (7) are not mandatory , but might fetch you that additional edge.


2 comments:

ganesh siva karthick said...

Thanks sir, very helpful

Unknown said...

Sir,I am manish gowtham of himalai institute rajajinagar centre.I'm in second year engineering,,actually i hav jus finished my first year n am in my vaccation for 3 months....IAS is my childhood dream to full fill it i hav joined this institute as i hav 2-3 years to give my first attempt , hw i should prepare...please guide me...like should i hav to read news papers to update my current affairs or should i concentrate on ncert text and make constant topics perfect...please help me!!.....